video testimonies to go here
- Medical Referrals
We accept patient referrals from Medical Practitioners.
Standard client notes are provided with relevant information, including any PHQ9, GAD7, Emotional Scaling, or Kessler10 assessments. Includes before and after assessments and treatment provided.
Relevant emails will be sent to the speciﬁed practice email address. If your Practice, PHO, or DHB have a speciﬁc measurement standard please advise of this to ensure the client is assessed in the required way. The PHQ9 and Emotional Scaling are used as standard. If you have a speciﬁc format for notes please advise the Shinnick Method Practitioner you refer to.
Once clients transition from being depressed or anxious to feeling good and being able to sleep better, we will communicate this through practice notes, and revised assessments. We advise the patient to contact the referring practice to schedule an appointment to review medications. We advise patients that any change in medication or coming off medication should be done with the advice of their Medical Doctor.
- Shinnick Practitioners abide by the HDC Code of Rights and their individual professional body codes of conduct
- Certiﬁed practices working with depression are listed here. These are practices certiﬁed to provide the Stage 1 and or Stage 2 Shinnick Depression Treatment. Practices are available for employment in medical rooms. Most clients only require Stage 1 treatment.
- Certiﬁed depression Practitioners are listed here. Certiﬁed Practitioners are available for employment in medical rooms some may/not have a practice that they work from.
- Clinical Trials
We undertake Clinical Trials and believe it’s important to research and document the success of these processes. We currently have a Registered Clinical Trial with the University of Auckland, School of Medicine, including medical team members from New Zealand, Australia, England, Canada, and the United States.
We are deeply appreciative of the support we have from the University of Auckland, School of Medicine, Medical Practitioners, and Medical Practices.
We intend to continue with Clinical Trials to research this methodology of drug-free depression treatment for the full Stage 1 and Stage 2 Shinnick Depression Treatments, as well as our Rapid Anxiety Treatment and Dyslexia Treatment.
- Rapid Depression Treatment - Stage 1
- Treatment durations: 1.5-2 hours.
- Complete client information form
- Complete depression assessments
- Complete broader risk assessment
- Complete the stage 1 Shinnick Method – Rapid Depression Treatment, primarily a coaching programme to change depression.
- Schedule follow-up.
Clients report feeling instantly better and in control of their emotions.
Generally, the pre and post-session Emotional Scaling typically change from 3-8 and move from No to Yes when considering if the patient feels in control of their emotions.
Typically expect a two-week follow-up to show a PHQ9 of 4-8 and less than 10. Where the pre-session PHQ9 had been 18.
- Rapid Depression Treatment - Stage 2
- Treatment durations: 1-5 hours typically.
Treatment Methodology: Talking therapies and coaching processes focused on minimising or removing the subconscious and conscious triggers to the depression and or skills to function post-depression. This includes approved processes from our Clinical Therapy, Counselling, and Shinnick Depression Therapy.
Clients report having long-term issues for several years being lifted or removed rapidly.
Sleep Changes: Clients often report being able to sleep more easily. This is a direct result of the change from being depressed to feeling in control of their emotions and feeling good. We contribute to this by reviewing their sleep and coaching them through new strategies for sleeping.